Crab Alfredo Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
● 1 lb. Louisiana lump crabmeat
● 2 small spaghetti squash , 1.5 - 2 lb
● 2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
● Salt and pepper , to taste
● 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
● 1⁄2 tsp sweet paprika
● 1 small onion, chopped.
● 1.5 cups Alfredo sauce
● 1/4 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley and/or basil , chopped
● 1⁄2 cup Panko bread crumbs
● 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
● 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Use a spoon to
scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside of each half with half the olive oil, and season with
salt and pepper. Place on a large baking sheet with the cut side facing up.. Roast the
squash at 375F for about 30 minutes, or until the squash flakes easily when pierced with
a fork. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, but leave the oven on - you'll need it in a few
2. Use a fork to scrape all the spaghetti squash strands out of each squash, taking care not
to pierce the squash skin. Place the spaghetti strands into a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the lump crabmeat with the salt, garlic, paprika, and 1
tablespoon olive oil. Mix with a fork.
4. Heat a large skillet, and add the onion. Saute 5-6 minutes.
5. Add the crab mixture to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the crab is fully cooked.
Remove from heat.
6. In a large bowl, combine the cooked spaghetti squash, 1.5 cups Alfredo sauce, 1/4 cup
grated Parmesan cheese, and the herbs. Mix well, and place into the 4 spaghetti squash
7. Arrange the spaghetti squash boats on the same large baking sheet. Top each filled
spaghetti squash boat with 1⁄2 cup crab mixture, 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs, 1
tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and about 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat, allow
to stand for 5 minutes before serving hot.
449 calories. 27g fat (14g saturated fat, 141mg cholesterol.) 1,128mg cholesterol. 27
carbohydrates (4g fiber, 8g sugar.) 23g protein.
Lower fat: Substitute fat-free cream of mushroom soup for Alfredo sauce. Use low-fat
mozzarella cheese. 259 calories. 8g fat (2g saturated fat, 81mg cholesterol.) 724mg sodium.
27g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 7g sugar.) 19g protein.
Lower carbohydrate: Substitute 8 cups of zoodles for spaghetti squash. Use pork rind dust
“bread crumbs.” 371 calories. 27g fat (14g saturated fat, 141mg cholesterol.) 979mg sodium. 9g
carbohydrates (2g fiber, 4g sugar.) 22g protein.
Lower sodium: Substitute salt-free cream of mushroom soup for Alfredo sauce. Omit additional
salt & parmesan. 262 calories. 10g fat (3g saturated fat, 84mg cholesterol.) 503mg sodium. 25g
carbohydrates (4g fiber, 7g sugar.) 17g protein.
Dairy-free: Use vegan Alfredo sauce and cheeses. 294 calories. 11g fat (2g saturated fat, 73mg
cholesterol.) 896mg sodium. 31g carbohydrates (5g fiber, 14g sugar.) 18g protein.
Gluten-free: Use pork rind dust “bread crumbs.” 438 calories. 29g fat (15g saturated fat, 147mg
cholesterol.) 1,125mg sodium. 21g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 7g sugar.) 23g protein.