Oyster and Shrimp Pasta
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 Tbs. butter
1 lb large oysters, shucked
1 lb peeled shrimp (40/50 count)
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup onions, chopped
1⁄2 cup chopped celery
1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 lb. spaghetti pasta, cooked
8 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter. Add onion, celery, green and red bell pepper and cook until soft.
2. Stir in garlic, thyme, Creole seasoning and hot sauce. Cook for an additional minute.
3. Add oysters and shrimp and lightly sauté.
4. Remove from heat and add cooked, drained pasta to the pan and toss with other seafood mixture.
5. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
380 calories. 28g fat, (7g saturated fat, 150mg cholesterol.) 1,310mg sodium. 28g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 3g sugar.) 22g protein.
Lower Fat: 299 kcal (10.5g fats, 28g carbohydrates, Omit butter. Add ½ “pasta water” to the seafood mixture before adding pasta.
Lower Carb: 310 kcal (19.1g fat, 12.2 g carbohydrates, 20.4g protein.) Substitute 8 cups of zucchini noodles for the spaghetti. Reduce chopped onions to ½ cup.
Lower Sodium: 372 kcal (19g fats, 28g carbohydrates, 453mg sodium, 22g protein.) Use only unsalted butter. Use “no salt added” cajun seasoning.
Dairy-free: 388 kcal (21g fat, 28g carbohydrates, 22g protein.) Substitute olive or avocado oil for butter.
Gluten-free: 361 kcal (19g fat, 30g carbohydrates, 21g protein.) Use gluten-free pasta. Ensure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free.
Note: Can also use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.