Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes w/ Spicy Cheese Sauce
8 Large Russet Potatoes
1 lb Louisiana Gulf Shrimp
1 lb Louisiana Lump Crab Meat
Cajun180 Ultimate Seafood Pro Boil
1 tsp Liquid Crab Boil
¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE:
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
SPICY CHEESE SAUCE
2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Sriracha Hot Sauce
Inner portions of Baked Potatoes
⅔ c Sour Cream
⅔ c Mayonnaise
Cajun180 Trinity Seasoning, to taste
Cajun180 La Cajun Gold, to taste
¼ c Bacon Bits
½ cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
½ cup Colby Jack Mix Cheese shredded
¼ c Green Onions, chopped
½ Cup Garlic Butter Sauce (above)
Chopped Green Onions or Chives
1. Thoroughly wash all potatoes with plain hot water. Using a fork, make several holes in potatoes. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 425° until the interior of the potato is soft and tender, about 1 hour. (Alternatively, place it on a microwave safe dish and cook on high for 10 min, checking about half way and rotating potatoes.)
2. While potatoes cook, open seafood and place in a large bowl, preserving all natural liquid that comes in the bag. Lightly sprinkle Ultimate Seafood Pro Boil until all seafood is coated. Add liquid crab boil, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Toss with a large spoon, carefully, as to not break up the lump crab meat too much. Place the bowl in the fridge to marinate until ready.
3. In a saucepan, heat 2 sticks of butter until just melted, add in chopped green onion, minced garlic and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 min. Turn off the fire and allow it to rest until ready to use.
4. Once potatoes are cooked, scoop out all the inner portion and place in a large mixing bowl. Keep the skins intact and shaped like boats. Set aside.
5. In the mixing bowl, mix together the inside portion of the potatoes, sour cream, mayonnaise, seasonings, bacon bits, cheeses, green onions and half of the Garlic Butter Sauce.
6. After the filling is mixed well, spoon into all potato boats..
7. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and rebake at 425° until the tops are golden brown.
8. Drain seafood and In a skillet. Saute seafood on high heat until shrimp are pink. Add in remaining Garlic Butter Sauce and fold in to seafood.
9. For cheese sauce, heat sharp cheddar cheese over medium heat until melted. Reduce heat to low and add sriracha hot sauce and mix well.
10. Place 1 to 2 potatoes on a plate, spoon layer of spicy cheese sauce, then add a spoonful or two of seafood mixture and top with desired garnishes.
817 calories. 55g fat (26g saturated fat, 264mg cholesterol.) 44g carbohydrates (5g fiber, 4g sugar.) 34g protein. 1,717mg sodium.
Lower Fat: Cut butter in half. Use low-fat cheeses, sour cream, and mayonnaise. 544 calories. 23g fat (11g saturated fat, 193mg cholesterol.) 45g carbohydrates (5g fiber, 4g sugar.) 36g protein, 1,827mg sodium.
Lower Carbohydrate: Swap potato for turnip, cauliflower, mixed greens or protein chips. If using cauliflower, use ¼ head in place of potato. 680 calories. 55g fat (26g saturated fats, 263mg cholesterol.) 12g carbohydrates (4g fiber, 5g sugar.) 33g protein, 1,672mg sodium.
Lower sodium: Reduce Worcestershire sauce to 3 Tbsp. Use the “No-Salt” version of La Cajun Gold. Substitute a low-sodium hot sauce such as Tobasco for the sriracha. Reduces sodium from 1,717mg to 1,147mg.
Dairy-free: substitute olive or avocado oil for butter. Use vegan cheese, & sour cream. 785 calories. 50g fat (11g saturated fats, 193mg cholesterol.) 53g carbohydrates (5g fiber, 14g sugar.) 29g protein, 1,695 mg sodium.
Gluten-free: This recipe is gluten-free as is. If using other seasonings ensure they are gluten-free.