Creole Shrimp Gazpacho
1 lb. Vermilion Bay Sweet® Brand 70/90 Shrimp, peeled
½ c water
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
3 c tomatoes, chopped medium
1 c cucumber, minced fine
¾ c red bell pepper, minced fine
¾ c green bell pepper, minced fine
1 c red onion, minced
½ jalapeno seeded, minced fine
1 c tomato juice
½ c shrimp stock, reserved from earlier
¼ c lime juice
¼ c cilantro leaves, minced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1) In a sauté pan, heat water & Cajun Seasoning to a boil.
2) Add shrimp & simmer until shrimp are cooked.
3) Strain shrimp, reserving stock. Place shrimp & shrimp stock in refrigerator to chill.
4) Place in a bowl 3⁄4 of tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red
onion, jalapeno & cilantro.
5) Place remaining ingredients except for shrimp in the bowl of a food processor & puree.
6) Stir liquid from processor and shrimp into bowl with other ingredients until
incorporated with minced ingredients.
7) Chill for 2 hours. Serve in chilled bowls.
9g Fat (1g Saturated fat, 145mg Cholesterol.) 1,930mg Sodium. 19g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 10g Total sugar.) 18g Protein.
Lower Fat: Recipe can be made less fat by reducing olive oil, however is not recommended as the recipe contains 5mg of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
Lower Carbohydrate: Vegetables are the primary source of carbohydrates in this dish, further reductions are not recommended.
Lower Sodium: Use salt substitute and salt-free Cajun seasoning such as Cajun180 La Cajun Gold “No-Salt” to reduce sodium to 800mg. Substituting crawfish reduces sodium to 378mg.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.
Gluten-free: Ensure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free.