Cajun Fish Fry
1 lb Louisiana catfish, cut into chunks
1 lb Louisiana large shrimp peeled, deveined
1 lb (pt) raw oysters, drained
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 c buttermilk
1 c milk
3 tsp Cajun Seasoning
2 c flour
2 c Louisiana seasoned fish fry
1 ½ Qt vegetable oil
1. ln a bowl, coat seafood with lemon juice.
2. Heat oil to 350 degrees on deep fryer.
3. Make egg wash for seafood by beating eggs, buttermilk, milk and Cajun Seasoning together until combined.
4. Dredge seafood piece by piece in seasoned flour until coated. Dip into egg batter and then into fish fry mix, dredging until completely coated in seasoned fish fry.
5. Fry seafood separately as they each have different cooking times. Fish take the longest.
Shrimp take less time than fish and oysters take the least amount of time.
6. Seafood is generally cooked when it floats. Cook for a minute longer for extra crunchiness.
7. Have extra fish fry and flour on hand in case you need more for battering.
8. Serve with Creole Remoulade or Spicy Louisiana Tartar Sauce
39g Fat (5g Saturated fat, 210mg Cholesterol.) 1830mg Sodium. 68g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 5g Total sugar.) 37g Protein
Lower Fat: Air-fry seafood. 530 Calories. 8g Fat (3g Saturated fat, 210mg Cholesterol.) 1830mg Sodium. 68g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 5g Total sugar.) 37g Protein.
Lower Carbohydrate: Opt for grilled or blackened seafood entree.
Lower Sodium: Use salt-free Cajun seasoning and unseasoned fish fry mix to reduce sodium to 590mg.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.