Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Scallop Appetizer
12 ct (~½ lb) Louisiana jumbo raw peeled deveined shrimp
12 (~½ lb) large sea scallops, trimmed and well drained
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 Tbsp sundried tomato infused olive oil
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
12 sl (12 oz) center cut or applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1/2
¼ c green onion, very thinly sliced on an angle
Louis sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place shrimp and scallops in a shallow dish or bowl. Dress seafood with lime juice and zest, a generous drizzle of sundried tomato oil, Cajun seasoning and hot pepper flakes.
3. Wrap each shrimp working from head to tail, pulling bacon snuggly around the shrimp. Wrap the
bacon around the outside of each scallop. Fasten bacon in place as necessary with picks.
4. Arrange the shrimp and scallops on a broiler pan, to allow draining while bacon crisps.
5. Bake shrimp and scallops 10 to 14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and curled, scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp. Shrimps may finish before the scallops.
6. Arrange cooked seafood on platter and sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve with Louis sauce.
11g Fat (4g Saturated fat, 55mg Cholesterol.) 930mg Sodium. 2g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 0g Total sugar.) 15g Protein.
Lower Fat: Use turkey bacon. 143 Calories. 8g Fat (2g Saturated fat, 72mg Cholesterol.) 1026mg Sodium. 3g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 0g Total sugar.) 13g Protein.
Lower Carbohydrate: Recipe is considered low-carbohydrate as is.
Lower Sodium: Use low sodium bacon and salt-free Cajun seasoning such as Cajun180 La Cajun Gold “No-Salt.” 191 Calories. 13g Fat (4g Saturated fat, 60mg Cholesterol.) 473mg Sodium. 2g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 0g Total sugar.) 15g Protein.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.
Gluten-free: Ensure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free.