1 lb Vermilion Bay Sweet shrimp
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 large eggplant, peeled & diced
2 c onion, minced
1 c bell pepper, minced
1 c celery, minced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 cans diced Rotel® Tomatoes with chilis
1 can crushed Tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1⁄2 c fresh basil, julienne
1⁄4 c fresh oregano, minced
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp hot sauce
1⁄4 c minced green onions
1⁄4 c minced parsley
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add eggplant, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic and cook for 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn eggplant.
3. Add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, chicken broth, Cajun season-
ing and hot sauce.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes until chicken broth has evaporated.
5. Add shrimp and cook for an additional 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in green onions and parsley.
5g Fat (1g Saturated fat, 70mg Cholesterol.) 1,360mg Sodium. 31g Carbohydrates (7g Fiber, 11g Total sugar.) 12g Protein.
Lower Fat: Recipe is lower in fat as is.
Lower Carbohydrate: Carbohydrates are sourced from vegetables in this dish, reducing carbohydrates any further would change the integrity of this dish. Thus, no recommendations.
Lower Sodium: Use salt-free Cajun seasoning such as Cajun180 La Cajun Gold “No-Salt.” Use “No Salt Added” Rotel and crushed tomatoes to reduce sodium to 470mg.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.
Gluten-free: Ensure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free.