Crawfish Corn Beignets
When most people think of beignets, they think of the French Quarter powdered sugar variety.
These are savory little clouds of crawfish and corn that make an excellent first course to any dinner.
1 lb Louisiana crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
4 c cooking oil
3 c flour
2 c milk
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning**
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp hot sauce
1 (15 oz) can cooked whole kernel corn
1/4 c minced parsley
1/4 c chopped green onions
1. Heat oil until it reaches 350 F.
2. In a large bowl blend together flour, milk, baking powder, Cajun seasoning, garlic, thyme, hot sauce and stir until batter is formed.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients until all are incorporated.
4. Drop batter by the spoonful into hot grease, being careful not to splash.
5. Cook beignets for 5 minutes after they float to the top of pot, flipping occasionally.
6. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
10g Fat (1g Saturated fat, 2mg Cholesterol.) 270mg Sodium. 15g Carbohydrates (1g Fiber, 2g Total sugar.) 6g Protein.
Lower Fat: Air-fry beignets. 92 Calories. 1g Fat (0g Saturated fat, 2mg Cholesterol.) 270mg Sodium. 15g Carbohydrates (1g Fiber, 2g Total sugar.) 6g Protein.
Lower Carbohydrate: Reducing carbohydrates would compromise the integrity of this recipe.
Lower Sodium: Use low-sodium canned corn and salt-free Cajun seasoning such as Cajun180 La Cajun Gold “No-Salt” to reduce sodium to 125mg.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is.
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free flour and Cajun seasoning.