New Orleans Bananas Foster
Serve with vanilla ice cream for decadent dessert or over french toast for brunch that everyone will rave over!
¼ c orange juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp butter
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp brown sugar
⅓ c light rum
4 bananas - quartered
1. ln a medium size saute pan combine orange juice, lemon juice, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.
2. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
3. Add rum, being careful as it may flame up.
4. Simmer for 1 minute. Add bananas and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Serve straight up, over vanilla ice cream or french toast.
12g Fat (8g Saturated fat, 30mg Cholesterol.) 95mg Sodium. 38g Carbohydrates (3g Fiber, 25g Total sugar.) 2g Protein.
Lower Fat: Use low fat butter spread such as Smart Balance Light and reduce to 4tsp. 210 Calories. 2g Fat (1g Saturated fat, 0mg Cholesterol.) 95mg Sodium. 38g Carbohydrates (3g Fiber, 25g Total sugar.) 2g Protein.
Lower Carbohydrate: No substitutions recommended.
Lower Sodium: Use unsalted butter to reduce sodium to 7mg.
Dairy-free: Recipe is dairy-free as is. If serving with ice cream, ensure ice cream is dairy-free.
Gluten-free: Recipe is gluten-free as is.