Zuppa di Pesce e Gambero
1 lb. Louisiana grouper, divided into 4 filets
1/2 lb. Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tsp Trinity Seasoning blend
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
½ c Diced green onion or parsley for garnish
3/4 c grits
1 c broth
2 c cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 c white wine
1 c cream (of choice)
3 c broth
2 c tomato sauce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup cooked carrots
4 Tsp Trinity seasoning blend
1 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp ground fennel
1 tsp sugar
1. In a saucepan, bring cream and broth to a light boil. Add grits and cook according to package directions. Add Parmesan and salt. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, saute garlic in a large pot. Deglaze with white wine.
3. Add remaining ingredients and seasonings. Allow liquid to reduce by half.
4. Use an emulsion blender or food processor to blend until desired consistency.
5. Pat grouper filets and shrimp with a paper towel. Season with salt Trinity seasoning blend.
6. Heat avocado in non-stick frying pan over medium, until oil is hot. Sear grouper filets 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown. Set aside.
7. Sprinkle shrimp with Cajun seasoning and sear shrimp 1-2 min until shrimp curls and is opaque.
8. Serve creamed Parmesan grits on the bottom of large soup bowls. Then, carefully, ladle 2 cups of soup mixture on top of the grits. Place grouper filet in the middle, with shrimp. Garnish with green onions or parsley and serve.
19g Fat (7g Saturated fat, 135mg Cholesterol.) 2070mg Sodium. 40g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 11g Total sugar.) 32g Protein.
Lower Fat: Use fat-free half and half. 375 Calories. 8g Fat (4g Saturated fat, 96mg Cholesterol.) 2115mg Sodium. 45g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 12g Total sugar.) 31g Protein.
Lower Carbohydrate: Substitute 3 cups of cauliflower rice for grits. Use low carb half and half alternative such as Califa Better Half, Unsweetened. 300 Calories. 12g Fat (6g Saturated fat, 90mg Cholesterol.) 2130mg Sodium. 19g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 7g Total sugar.) 28g Protein. The remaining carbohydrates are sourced from tomato and carrot and thus no further reductions are recommended.
Lower Sodium: Use salt substitute and salt-free Cajun & Trinity seasonings. Use “ no salt added'' broth and tomato sauce to reduce sodium to 640mg.
Dairy-free: Use vegan cheese and half and half such as Califa Better Half. 353 Calories. 11g Fat (5g Saturated fat, 78mg Cholesterol.) 1993mg Sodium. 37g Carbohydrates (4g Fiber, 11g Total sugar.) 26g Protein.
Gluten-free: Ensure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free.