Antoine’s Pompano Pontchartrain
Recipe adapted from original dish of Chef Michael Regua, Executive Chef of Antoine’s in New Orleans
- 2 lbs Louisiana wild-caught pompano (~4) fillets, skin on
- 1/2 lb Louisiana jumbo lump crabmeat (or claw meat), picked free of shell pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cottonseed or canola oil
- 6 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup sliced green onions (white & green parts)
- 1 clove (~1 tsp) chopped garlic
- 1½ c white wine
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- French bread, to serve
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel. Season with a little salt and Cajun or Creole seasoning on both sides.
- In a large skillet (black iron is the best) heat oil over medium-high heat. (Cook’s Tip: the skillet is hot enough when you flick just a little water with a finger into the pan and it sizzles.)
- Add pompano, skin side up; cook until lightly golden brown and the skin has crisped. As in the case of cooking most fish, once you see the bottom half of the fillet turning opaque in color, you can flip it.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add green onions and garlic; sauté until onions are softened.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine and lemon juice; sauté for 2 minutes. Add crabmeat and parsley; sauté for 1 minute. Season to taste little salt and pepper.
- Spoon crabmeat over pompano fillets. Serve with French bread.
Serving Size: 1 fillet (235g) Servings: 4
43g Fat (19g Saturated fat, 205mg Cholesterol.) 940mg Sodium. 4g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 1g Total sugar.) 53g Protein.
- Lower Fat: Substitute 2 Tbsp of a lower-fat butter alternative, such as Smart Balance Light, which reduces the dish to 560 Calories. 28g Fat (9g Saturated fat, 205mg Cholesterol.) 940mg Sodium. 4g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 1g Total sugar.) 52g Protein. To reduce fat lower, try a lighter fish such as grouper to reduce the dish to 390 Calories. 9g Fat (1.5g Saturated fat, 130mg Cholesterol.) 820mg Sodium. 4g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 1g Total sugar.) 55g Protein.
- Lower Carbohydrate: Recipe is considered low-carbohydrate as is. Consider serving with steamed vegetables instead of bread.
- Lower Sodium: Use unsalted butter and salt substitute to reduce sodium to 320mg.
- Dairy-free: Use vegan butter. 680 Calories. 42g Fat (14g Saturated fat, 160mg Cholesterol.) 980mg Sodium. 4g Carbohydrates (0g Fiber, 1g Total sugar.) 52g Protein.
- Gluten-free: Recipe is gluten-free as is.
Purchase Pompano here —> https://bit.ly/LDSSpompano
#pompano #pontchartrain #seafood #louisiana #wildcaught #fishfillet #wholefish #seafoodlovers #boattotable #louisianadirectseafood #freshestcatch #louisianaeats #louisianaseafood